I think I see a theme emerging for the videos that I'm watching...they are lists of stuff, (listicles?).
Sunday, November 29, 2020
As I was thinking about a new post, wouldn't you know it, one of the YouTube channels I follow popped up with a 5-Step Strategy for doing Lightroom editing. Interestingly this is on the Drone Film Guide channel (yes, I'm secretly lusting after a drone...).
It's about 26 minutes long but pretty good. The five strategies are:
- Crop, resize, rotate
- Colour Correction (he's from the UK, hence the "u")
- Colour Grading
- Style Adjustments
- Clean Up
Saturday, November 28, 2020
On my continuing journey of learning more about Lightroom, here's a great video from Peter McKinnon. I've been following Peter for years on YouTube, and he has some really good stuff in a number of different areas. Some not-so-good stuff, too, but that is OK, depends on what you are looking for!
I've organized these with links to the specific sections of the video, or you can watch it all from the beginning if you want.
- Tip 1: Autotone (Auto adjusting your photographs)
- Tip 2: Resetting (When you want to just reset one adjustment)
- Tip 3: Grid Overlays (Rule of Thirds and other overlays)
- Tip 4: Lights Out (Darkening all of the panels so you can focus just on the photo)
- Tip 5: Level Out (Straightening the horizon on your photo)
- Tip 6: Before &After (When you want to look at your photo before and after your edits)
- Tip 7: Clipping (Great tip for editing exposure)
- Tip 8: Radial Brush Adjustment (Radial graduated filter)
- Tip 9: Size Up (Adjusting your panels to give you the ability to make more granular adjustments)
- Tip 10: Organize Yo Self (Organizing your library)